NEW YORK STATE’S RENEWABLE/CLEAN ENERGY INCENTIVES FOR INDIVIDUALS
- The Megawatt Block Incentive Structure is a direct, generous incentive for solar energy available under New York’s ambitious NY-Sun Initiative.
- Net energy metering ensures that you get paid a fair price for the solar electricity that you send into the grid. Any credits for excess solar power that you accrue in a ‘credit bank’ can be used in future months (usually winter) if your solar energy system produces less electricity.
- New York State’s Solar Equipment Tax Credit can reduce your state tax payments by up to $5,000 or 25% off your total solar energy expenses (whichever is lower). The great advantages of the Solar Equipment Tax Credit are that: 1) You don’t have to purchase your system claim the credit (i.e. it applies to you even if you went solar with a lease or PPPA), and 2) if your tax liability isn’t large enough to claim the entire credit in the first year, you can roll it over into the next year.
- And federal Investment Tax Credit!
- Small Wind Turbine Incentive Program (PON 2439)
- NYSERDA announces the availability of approximately $6 million in incentives to encourage the installation of end-use wind energy systems for residential, commercial, institutional or government use. The incentives, of up to $1,000,000 per site/customer, will be paid to Eligible Installers who install new approved grid-connected wind energy systems using qualified equipment, in accordance with the eligibility requirements described below. The maximum equipment size shall be 2 MW (2,000 kW) per site/customer. NYSERDA’s incentive shall not exceed 50% of the total installed cost of the system. The program will continue through December 31, 2018 or until funds are fully committed, whichever comes first. (NYSERDA reserved the right to add additional funds to this solicitation and/or extend the timeframe of this solicitation. Depending on market conditions at the time, NYSERDA reserves the right to create a “Wait List” regarding applications received for which funds were not available at the time. Excerpted from: https://portal.nyserda.ny.gov/CORE_Solicitation_Detail_Page?SolicitationId=a0rt0000000Qn7nAAC
- In addition to other benefits – All wind systems less than 100 kW installed with incentives by this program will come with a full five year parts and labor warranty; for systems 100 kW and larger, the warranty is two years. Excerpted from https://ww.nyserda.ny.gov/ All-Programs/Programs/Small-Wind-Program
- Wood Pellet Stove: $1,500 (up to $2,500 for income qualified homeowners)
- Advanced Cordwood Boiler with Thermal Storage: 25% of installed cost up to $5,000 per unit, with an additional $5,000 for documented recycling (removal and destruction) of old outdoor or indoor wood boiler, or $2,500 for recycling whole house wood furnace
- Wood Pellet Boiler with Thermal Storage: 45% of installed cost up to $36,000 based on system size, with an additional $5,000 for documented recycling (removal and destruction) of old outdoor or indoor wood boiler, or $2,500 for recycling whole house wood furnace https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Programs/Programs/Renewable-Heat-NY
It’s a Great Time to Get an Electric Car in New York State. Not only are electric cars cleaner, but they offer a cutting-edge driving experience, save money on fuel, and need less maintenance than gas or diesel cars. That’s why Governor Andrew M. Cuomo’s Charge NY initiative is offering electric car buyers the Drive Clean Rebate of up to $2,000 for new purchases. Combine that with a Federal Tax Credit of up to $7,500, and it’s an opportunity you wouldn’t want to miss. If you are a New York State resident looking for a new car, it’s a great time to buy a plug-in hybrid or battery-powered car that qualifies for the Drive Clean Rebate.
EmPower New York : Offers no-cost energy efficiency services such as insulation, air sealing, energy efficient light bulbs, and replacement of an inefficient refrigerator and freezer to low-income (such as HEAP-eligible) homeowners and renters.
Home Energy Efficiency Programs: Improving the energy efficiency of your home is a smart investment. NYSERDA offers a range of residential programs designed to help New York State residents identify areas where their homes are driving up energy costs and provide assistance in completing energy efficiency improvements for a healthier, more comfortable home.
It starts with a home energy assessment, conducted by trained and experienced Home Performance contractors, which gives you a top-to bottom look at where your home is wasting energy. You receive a detailed list of recommended improvements that can include everything from added insulation and energy efficient lighting to a high-efficiency heating system and ENERGY STAR® certified appliances.