|United Climate Action Network (UCAN)|
WHO WE ARE
The United Climate Action Network (UCAN) is a grassroots organization in New York’s 22nd Congressional District. We actively advocate for environmentally sustainable policies and engage with businesses, schools, and other local community organizations to advance environmental literacy and sustainable practices.
UCAN’s most significant contribution is in bringing a cross-section of local individuals, groups, and governmental bodies together in conversation, education, planning, and actions to confront and solve our climate crisis.
WHAT WE DO
- UCAN works on local climate-related projects. Volunteers have worked on water quality monitoring in local tributaries, planting trees and vegetative buffers, and conducting soil tests at farms throughout Madison County.
- We provide educational literature about environmental issues at the Cazenovia Farmers Market and other local events.
- UCAN sponsors renewable energy fairs and climate summits.
- We monitor long-term climate data in Madison County.
- UCAN volunteers coordinate Earth Day activities and events for our local community.
- Volunteers work to build relationships at local, regional, state and national levels and meet with legislators regarding environmental and climate-related public policy.
- We hold Task Force meetings and maintain an informative website.
UCAN meetings are open to all and our newsletters are available upon request. Additional information is available at https://unitedclimateaction.org/
You can also reach us at email@example.com or visit us on Facebook.
UCAN Steering Committee: Mary Bartlett, Geoffrey Navias, Nancy Paolozzi, and Phil Rose
We are always looking for people who wish to join us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on Facebook.
Next UCAN meeting: at the Cazenovia Library Community Room– please join us
Upcoming UCAN Activities:
UCAN Earth Day Celebration: April 22, 2023 10 AM-1 PM- Albany Street and Presbyterian Church in Cazenovia, NY
UCAN Newsletter 2023
UCAN Newsletter 2022
UCAN Newsletter 2021
UCAN Newsletter 2020
UCAN Newsletter 2019
Sign up for the bi-monthly newsletter
PLEASE DONATE: UCAN has many expenses associated with our media output, our tree projects, our energy fairs and Earth Week activities. We would greatly. appreciate your support. You can donate to CACDA and be sure to put UCAN in the memo field so the money gets sent to us.