DISCUSSION: Renewable energy sources include solar, wind, biogas and geothermal. At this time the Renewable Energy Group has decided to focus on promoting solar photovoltaic systems for homeowners. Why to people install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems?
- Personal commitment to climate change mitigation
- Concern for self and future generations
- Solar provides ‘free’ energy
OBJECTIVES OF THIS DOCUMENT
- To provide a local guidance document for homeowners considering installation of solar PV systems.
NYSERDA SOLAR INFO
- NYSERDA Solar for Your Home: Solar for Your Home – NYSERDA
- NYSERDA Solar Options: Solar Options for Your Home – NYSERDA
- NYSERDA Community Solar: Community Solar for Your Home – NYSERDA
- NYSERDA Unified Solar Permit: Unified Solar Permit – NYSERDA
- NYSERDA Local Solar Guidebook: https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Programs/Programs/NY-Sun/Communities-and-Local-Governments/Solar-Guidebook-for-Local-Governments
- The Town and Village of Cazenovia have adopted the NYSERDA Unified Solar Permit: Unified Solar Permit – NYSERDA
- What is the local permitting process in the Village and Town of Cazenovia? Who should I contact?
- [add contacts for local code officials]
- Understanding the PV installation process – from beginning to end.
LOCAL SOLAR CONTRACTORS
- NYSERDA-Approved Contractors: https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/All-Programs/Programs/NY-Sun/Solar-for-Your-Home/How-to-Go-Solar/Find-a-contractor
- Using a NYSERDA-approved contractor is required in order to receive financial incentives. Using approved contractors does provide a level of quality control.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS OF LOCAL RESIDENTIAL SOLAR INSTALLATIONS
- Links to photos of local PV installations
- [to be added]
- Links to videos of local residential PV systems
- [to be added]
- Links to YouTube solar PV videos